MONMOUTH INDEPENDENCE COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
WILMA HEIN CLASSROOM ENRICHMENT GRANT MATCHING CAMPAIGN
The Monmouth Independence Community Foundation (hereinafter “Foundation”) has recently received a generous donation from the Wilma Hein estate. She taught for 22 years in the Physical Education Department at Western Oregon University and died on January 24, 2013. To leverage the funds that have been donated, the Foundation has implemented a classroom enrichment grant fund for Central High School 13J as a matching program. During the campaign time frame, the Foundation will match funds that are donated to the Foundation to be used for classroom enrichment within Central School District 13J. The total amount of funds that will be matched will be $50,000.00 under the parameters set forth below. When the $50,000.00 has been used, the program will discontinue as a match program, but funds will still be accepted as donations to apply towards classroom enrichment grants.
The goal of the Foundation is to increase the permanently endowed principal that will be used to fund classroom enrichment grants. Currently, the Foundation has approximately $477,336.08 in the permanently endowed classroom enrichment program fund.
Classroom enrichments grants are grants that are provided to teachers to use within Central School District for purposes of enriching their teaching activities, providing in- or out-of-school programs, or other similar uses. Teachers apply for such grants and set forth the purpose for such grant request on an annual basis. Grants are awarded by the Foundation Classroom Enrichment Grant Committee to provide fund for and assist teachers.
The total of such grants in past years are:
Some of the grants have been utilized for the following projects:
Donations will be accepted by individuals and entities to be deposited into the Foundation’s permanently endowed classroom enrichment grant account to be used for awarding classroom enrichment grants within the Central High School District 13J, Polk County, State of Oregon.
The following parameters will apply to the campaign matching program:
- The Foundation will match on a dollar for dollar basis donations received during the campaign period until the funds available to match are depleted.
- All funds will be deposited with the Foundation’s permanent classroom enrichment grant endowment to be awarded as per the Foundation’s classroom enrichment grant program.
- All donations will be permanent and non-refundable.
- The Foundation will have sole discretion in awarding grants and determining the number and annual amount of such grants.
- Individually named grants will be available but will require a minimum level of donation as per Foundation guidelines, prior to the match. Such individually named grants generally will be awarded by the Foundation, in the Foundation’s sole discretion, as to the recipient and dollar amount unless a separate specific agreement has been reached with the donor.
- Grant donations to the Foundation may be deductible. Please discuss with your tax advisor.
INDIVIDUALLY NAMED CLASSROOM ENRICHMENT GRANTS:
If you would like to establish a grant in the name of an individual, family or other such name, the Foundation can assist in setting up such an endowment. Each individually named grant endowment will be administered through the Community Foundation’s classroom enrichment grant program and generally the Community Foundation reserves the right to determine the recipient, the dollar amount and timing of distribution of grant funds each year. Individually named endowment grants may be based upon a lump sum donation, continuing annual donation, estate or legacy donation or a combination of them.
The Foundation will allow for additional restrictions or stipulations for individually named grant endowments by separate mutual agreement between the individual donor and the foundation if the donor wishes to restrict the type of grant award, determine the name of the recipient or other such individual components of the grant. A separate grant endowment agreement will be completed by the donor and the Foundation.